There is a possibiltiy that further projects may be submitted at a later point. If you would prefer to submit a general application and be considered for these please select this option.
When completing the application form please clearly identify your preferred areas of research and your strenghts in those areas.
We welcome applications from those with backgrounds in Engineering, Physical Sciences, Computer Science and Maths Eligibility
We welcome applications from candidates with an Engineering or Physical Science degree (minimum level 2:1), or a combination of degree and equivalent relevant experience to the same level to join the M2A community of research engineers.
To be eligible for WEFO funding, applicants should:
- Be a UK or EU citizen (eligible for home tuition fees at Swansea University) and have the right to work in Wales at the end of their studies.
- Be resident within West Wales and the Valleys at the time of enrolment and for the duration of the candidature.
- Must not be financially able to participate in study for a postgraduate research degree without the award of this funding
To be eligible for EPSRC funding, applicants should:
- Be eligible for home tuition fees at Swansea University.
- Have settled status in the UK, meaning no restrictions on the length of stay in the UK; and be ‘ordinarily resident’ in the UK for 3 years prior to the start of the grant, apart from temporary or occasional absences.
- Not have been residing in the UK wholly or mainly for the purpose of full-time education. This does not apply to UK nationals and EU nationals who were ordinarily resident in the EU immediately before the period of full-time education.
Full fees at Home/EU rate for a period of four academic years.
Maintenance stipend at £20K per annum for a period of four years
15 March 2019
Informal enquiries about this studentship are welcome and may be directed by email to: M2A@swansea.ac.uk